Our world is running out of fresh water; the crisis is at its terrifying stage. Everyone needs to put ones share in different campaigns to lower or avoid the situation. Our 1/5 population is already facing the scarcity of water, now more numbers are going to add in this. The scenario is worse and it can be treated with solid and concrete steps. As a human being, we should feel the pain of such sufferers. A right step will not only help other victims but will lead also to enjoy a long time facility in their homes.
Some of us have no fear of this situation at this time as they are getting plenty of water in their taps and there is no interruption in their routine. The following precautions are actually for those who already enjoy an uninterrupted supply of water in their houses. With these simple changes in their life, they can help a lot of people around the world.
1) Starting with early morning, we should turn off the tap while brushing the teeth or shaving. There is no need to listen to music of running water at that time to avoid it.
2) Dishwashing and laundry, usually are the times when gallons of water is consumed. Sometimes it is a requirement but this can be prevented by careful use of water.
3) Tap water wastage is also a many time occurrence in our routine. We should check and maintain the taps and also check seepage of water tanks.
4) Plants and trees bring beauty and life to our home, we should use a soil that soaks water in it and restrains the moisture for a longer time. Material like coco peat is a major source and other sources can be found in different studies. Pots may be placed in the shady area so that they consume less water.
5) Watering the garden is a time-consuming job and some of us put the water pipe in gardens and let the water flow on its own. Many times it turns out into the conversion of a garden into a shallow pond. Auto water irrigations systems are now available for domestic use.
6) Cleanliness is good for health and hygiene but we should avoid using the open flow of water to wash all house or garages. A time schedule could be maintained and this can be done on alternate days instead daily.
7) Kids and youngsters mostly consume 4 times more water as compare to others while in the shower, they need to educate regarding this wastage. Although it is a difficult one, a steady and kind gesture will bring them to the track.
8) Fountains and waterfalls in the garden are also a fascinating and eye-catching view. It is also a way of lavish lifestyle. But this is not the right time for such wastage. We should avoid such luxuries on daily basis. It could be limited to use when throwing a party.
9) Water tanks on rooftops have now become a part of our daily life; it is an alternate in interruptions. Most of us have installed an auto switch to avoid wastage of water. There are still many who forgot to switch off the electric pump while filling the tank and it is causing a lot of wastage of water.
10) Rainwater is a good natural source but we often let it waste. It can be preserved to use in plants and pots while distal water generated by air conditioning systems can also be used in batteries and for cleaning purposes.